Ewig Suchender

• »Liossercal« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Student

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 10. März 2011, 09:54

Lieblingszitate

Es geht los :D

Sinn zu Grub
"We're in this together. Partners. I was just saying. It's why that assassin hates us. Nobody controls us but us. Grownups always hate that."

Stormy und die 14 Jaghut
Stormy snorted, and then said, "Listen, you're in my way."
Gedoran stepped forward. "You did not come in search of us?"
"Do I really look that stupid? No. Why, should I have?"
"He is impertinent."
"Daryft, a human riding a Ve'Gath can be as impertinent as he likes", said Bolirium

Ein bisschen Tehol, wenn auch nur in Gedanken
Brys glanced up at the standard and fought down a groan, reminded once again of his brother's perverse humour. Not a legion's standard. No, the Imperial Standard , no less. Depending from a cross-bridge of iron, the cloth was a tattered rectangle of colourless wool - it was, in fact, a fair copy of Tehol's blanket, almost to scale. And where one might expect some elegant or proud heraldic crest at centre, there was instead the new royal sigil of King Tehol the Only of Lether: a three-quarter-on rendition of his brother's roof-top bed, and if one looked carefully one would see cowering beneath that bed a row of six plucked -but living- hens.

Marines...
"Corabb, why are you talking like Cuttle's dumber brother these days?"
"I'm a marine, soldier, and that's what I am and this is how us marines talk. Like the sergeant says, what battle was that again? Ancient history. We fight somebody? When? Like that, you see?"
"The best marines of all, Corporal", Tarr drawled, "are the ones who don't say a damned thing."
"Corporal Corabb?"
"Sorry, what, Sergeant? Like that?"
"Perfect."

Silchas und Tulas
"Wrong, friend. We go to meet the biggest whore of them all."
"T'iam. Oh, she won't like that title, not a bit."
"Mother's sake, Tulas. Irony!"
"Ah. Yes. After all, she's a whore, then that makes all of us Soletaken-"
"Makes us all whorespawn!"
"And this amuses you?"

QB...
"This is Quick Ben's game, O Elder. The bones are in his sweaty hands and they have been for some time. Now, if at his table, you'll find the Worm of Autumn, and the once Lord of Death, and Shadowthrone and Cotillion, not to mention the past players Anomander Rake and Dessembrae, and who knows who else, well.[...] The thing about Adeaphon Delat's game is this: he cheats."

Shadowthrone hissed. "Well? Is that it?"
"Is what it?"
"That's all you have to say? This is a momentous scene, you fat fool! This is where everything really, truly, finally begins! So squeeze the ale from your brain, mortal, and say something worthy of your kind. You stand before a god! Speak your eloquence for all posterity. Be profound!"
"Profound...huh." Temper was silent for long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, "Fuck off."

Ups...:D
"Princess, this handmaid of yours, where did she come from?"
[besagte Zofe nimmt gerade ein Schiff mit einem Forkr'ul Assail auseinander]
"They were most recalcitrant about divesting themselves of their horrid masks, but in the end my mother's will prevailed."
Shurq Elalle frowned. Masks?
"Like Anomander Rake, Osric was more dragon than anything else. They were kin in blood, if not in personality." HoC

"There were clouds closed fast round the moon. And one bye one, gardens died." tBh

Donnerstag, 10. März 2011, 18:15

[Quick Ben] 'In any case, warrens are my business-'
'And how's business?' Kalam asked.
'Awful. But that's all about to change.'
'Really? How?'
'Gods below, Kalam. Because I'm back, that's why. [...]'

Liossercal

Ewig Suchender

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 10. März 2011, 22:10

Tehols Brief:D gero wird ihn lieben :D
"Greetings to Prince Brys from King Tehol the Only of Lether. Dearest brother, have you slept with her yet?
Never mind, we can talk about that later, but let it be known that as king I can command from you every detail down to the very last, er, detail, all while promising that my wife will never hear a single word of any of it. Since, as I am sure you have now discovered, pillow talk can be deadly.
Best I turn now to the dull, official content next, so that we can later return to the juicy details. I feel justified in such expectations since I have discovered that women actually engage in the most horrendously explicit discussions of their menfolk when in company of their bosomed friends, inviting tit for tat, and what tit could be more inviting that tat?"

STs Mutter:D
"Listen, I wasn't always rhis old, you know. In any case, every time we end up in the same room I can see the disappointment in her eyes, and hear it in her voice. "Emperor? Oh that empire. So now you're a god? Oh dear, not Shadow? Isn't it broken? Why did you have to pick a broken realm to rule? When your father was your age..." Aagh, and on and on it goes!"
"Like Anomander Rake, Osric was more dragon than anything else. They were kin in blood, if not in personality." HoC

"There were clouds closed fast round the moon. And one bye one, gardens died." tBh

Fiddler

Schüler

Beruf: Industriekaufmann

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 11. März 2011, 19:08

"Ganoes Paran, what are we? Here, what are we?"
"Quick Ben, we´re soldiers of the Emperor. It´s all we ever have been."

QB:
"I thought you two had this planned!"
GP:
"Had what planned"
"You´re the Master of the deck of Dragons!"
"So I am. Why, you want to play?"
"Explaine the Rules please."
"Thats just it, Adjunct, there ain`t no rules, except those I make as I go."

Metallica ist bei Rock am Ring 2014

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Fiddler« (11. März 2011, 19:13)

Liossercal

Ewig Suchender

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 11. März 2011, 21:35

That women - she commands this army.
What is she doing?
What are they all doing?

"Destriant, this surpasses me. But it is now clear to me - as it is to all of us - that you chose most wisely. If we could, we would follow these two human in the firestorm itself. If we could, we would follow them to the edge of the very Abyss. You ask what manner of men are these - Destriant, I was about to ask this very same question of you."
She shook her head, shrugged helplessly. "I don't know. Malazans."

Weihnachten für die Sappeure:D
Slowly, Paran edged to one side. He studied the sapper's face for a half-dozen heartbeats, and then a few more, until...oh gods below!
"I thought you said you weren't sick, Corporal."
"I'm not, sir."
"I beg to differ."
"If you like, sir."
"Corporal."
"Sir?"
"Control yourselves. Be orderly. Don't blow any of us up. Am I understood?"
"Aye sir. Bless you, sir."
"Bless me?"
And from the mob of sappers came a muttered chorus, echoing the corporal's blessing.
"No need to rush - there's plenty for everyone."

Fiddler

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. März 2011, 08:41

Schön war ein paar zeilen später, aus der Erinnerung:

"I haven´t even showed them the Cussers!"

(Da hatte ich die ganze zeit ein grinsen im gesicht. Ich mag die Sappeure "Fiddling-Hedge-Drum"^^ )

Liossercal

Ewig Suchender

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. März 2011, 16:09

@Fiddler: da fehlt doch noch das lustigste;) "...and the redbolts." :D

Montag, 14. März 2011, 22:55

It's fucking raining dragons.
Das Bild in meinem Kopf...einfach geil -:D

Was Quick Ben am besten kann... und Kalams Reaktion darauf :D
Gods it's going to work.
I promised, Burn. I promised you, didn't I?
All right, so maybe I can't take all the credit.
Maybe.
For modesty's sake, if I ever talk about it, I mean. But here, in my head...I did it!

Kalam saw the infernal pride burgeoningin the wizard's face and knew precisely what the scrawny bastard was thinking. The assassin wanted to hit the man. At least ten times.

Fiddler

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 12:32

*schluck*

He lay down, settling his heavy head across the man´s chest.
The stranger looked at him, but said nothing.
Bent showed his teeth to make his claim clear. He is mine.

Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 19:29

Für alle die selber keine Langstrecken laufen wunderschön beschrieben: S. 392

The warm ache in his legs had shaken off the torment of his thoughts again and again, leading him into a world emptied of everything. How perfect is running? This grand delusion of flight? Away from our demons, ever away, until even the self sobs loose, spins lost in our wake.
Perfect, oh yes. And a thing to despise. No distance can win an escape; no speed can outrun this self and all its host of troubles. It´s only the sweet exhaustion that follows that we so cherish. An exhaustion so pure it is as close to dying as we can get without actually doing so.

Poets could speak knowingly of metaphors; if life is walking, then running is a life´s entire span speeded up, and to act out birth to death in a single day, over and over again, has the flavour of perfect habit, for it mimicks undeniable truths. Small deathspaying homage to the real one. We choose them in myriad forms and delight in the ritual. I could run until I wear out. Every joint, every bone and every muscle. I could run until my heart groans older than its years, and finally bursts.
I could damn the poets and make the metaphor real. We are all selfdestructive. It is integral to our nature. And we will run even when there´s nowhere to run to, and nothing terrible to run from. Why? Because to walk is just as meaningless. It just takes longer.

Alle anderen genannten Zitate sind auch super. Wobei ich bei dem Zitat von Shadowthrone über seine Mutter die ganze Seite zitiert hätte. :)
Opals gems diamonds shards. Opals gems diamonds Shards!

Liossercal

Ewig Suchender

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 19:35

@Parigral: wenns nicht soviel Arbeit wär, könnt man fast das halbe Buch hier reinstellen :D

Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 19:37

Die Gedichte sind mir meistens irgendwie zu kryptisch und ich les ungeduldig drüber um endlich mit dem nächsten Kapitel weiter zu machen. Aber das hat mir richtig gut gefallen: S. 446

Stone whispers
Patience
Child begs
Not yet
But the sands have run out
Sky cries
Fly
But we hold our ground
Wind sings
Free
But roots bind us down
Lover sighs
Stay
But we must be gone
Life pleads
Live
But death is the dream
We beg
Not yet
But the sands have run out
Stone whispers
Patience ...

Dienstag, 15. März 2011, 19:38

@Parigral: wenns nicht soviel Arbeit wär, könnt man fast das halbe Buch hier reinstellen :D

Ja, da ist auch wieder was drann. :D

Fiddler

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 16. März 2011, 12:29

"High Fist! If we take down their Commanders! Mercy?"
"Today, Fist, I don´t know the Word!"

Fiddler

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 16. März 2011, 12:36

Mein Liebling.....

Come on, then. One of you´s gotta have a flask. Something, for Hood´s sake.
See what happens wen I´m sober?

Freitag, 26. August 2011, 21:58

Zitat

"Shadows never lie."
How long was that blink? Gods below, it was a fucking eternity.